Moments I want to remember...

Monday, October 30, 2006

Why does 12 feel so much different then 11

Why am I so nervous? Every year as the day gets closer to my daughters’ birthday party I am so crazy, nervous, anxious, excited and really wanting it to be perfect. Although I am feeling some of those things already, the party is Sat. I am feeling much better about everything this year then years past. I only need to get two things and I am DONE, DONE people, does anyone understand?! I will not be running around freaking out and out of my mind Friday night and Sat. until two minutes before the party starts. I have even made a schedule for myself of tasks to complete leading up to Sat. so I am relaxed and not stressing my girls out before the party starts. Each year I am so frantic I end up yelling and them, like it’s their fault Momma is unorganized!! Well, not this year.

I am also VERY excited about this year’s party. My girls are going to be 12, twelve years old, WOW!! For some reason it is hitting me in the gut, HARD. I don’t know if it’s my own memories of 12, or if it’s because 12 is before 13 and 13 is TEENAGER, or if it’s because having boys at their party this year is a little different then years past. Maybe it’s “D” all of the above. I have cleaned out the playroom and it is now the dance room. Picture an empty room with hard wood floors a built in corner desk that will be used for snacks and drinks and a dimmer light, ouuuu laa laaa, NOT!!!

Sean is going to hook up bigger speakers to my little radio. I have picked out cds I hope they will enjoy, plus the girls have their own collections. I have also asked my bestest friend and the mostest coolest Auntie in the world to make them a cd for dance purposes and as presents for them, make them their own cds. The girls made their song lists last night, what a variety. I will add them tomorrow for my own memories, so I can make them laugh in about 20 years.


I am also a little nervous because only a few people have RSVP’d and I know that means nothing. So, I could have 20 kids show up or 7, who knows. I am prepared for whatever, I think. I am excited. Hopefully it will all be prefect for my darling young ladies!!

6 Comments:

  • Saweet! I get to embarrass the girls by hopping on the dance floor w/them and their friends in my luau gear! Heh, this could potentially be a blast! Can't wait!

    Awww, you're totally buttering me up cuz you know I'm going to be pining over making these CD's w/stinging watery eyes, cramping fingers and yelling at my download program for not having all the songs on that outrageous list of songs. :-)

    Fun for the whole 'Family'!

    By Blogger Claudia, At 4:15 PM  

  • I would love for you to go dance, but if you are going to do that you will have to come a little earlier, cause after cake I will be shipping the little ones out and starting the pina colads and margaritas!! :)

    Thanks again for the cds, I LOVE YOU!!! The girls will love you too, even more then they do if that is possible.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 10:54 AM  

  • Awww,, Harms, the party sounds like it will be a blast. Have fun!

    By Blogger Suvii, At 1:50 PM  

  • You mean the dance floor shuts down (like, you ain't gotta go home but you gots to get the hell off the dance floor?) after the lil ones leave? We don't get to dance w/our lil princesses?

    ... Fine, dancing on the tables it is then.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 5:15 PM  

  • Suvii - Wish you were coming!!!! You can still get a ticket!!!


    Cluss, FOR YOU and only You, I will leave the dance floor going all night!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!! Bring some salsa cds!! :)

    By Blogger Harmony, At 8:08 AM  

  • HAAAAAAA!!! WOO HOO! I'll pack them w/my overnight bag. You give me such special treatment. I love it!

    By Blogger Claudia, At 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home