Moments I want to remember...

Monday, October 02, 2006

My girls did it, they got through the surgery

My babies did it and came out strong!!! Both of my girls had surgery last Thursday, I know what was I thinking, well if one was going to be laid up, why not both. It didn’t really hit me what I had done until they were laying in the stretchers side by side calling out for me at the same time. They did great though. I am so blessed to have such strong, amazing, incredible little girls. We arrived a the surgical center at 0630 and I think we only sat in the lobby for a few minutes before it was time to go back and get them ready. Ty was more nervous then Trish, but that’s normal in any situation. Trish has been to this place before and had surgery so she wasn’t so scared, more prepared. Ty was asking a bazillion questions which were answered attentively by her sister, the nurse and I. We got them dressed in their gowns, and I put on my robe, slippers, head covering and mask and we waited for the doc to get there. Trish went back first because her surgery wasn’t going to be as long. She had a tube removed from her ear and her turbs shrunk in her nose. I walked her back, held her hand tight, got her up on the table, kissed her as she dozed off and then the nurses told me I could leave, I didn’t want to though, it is so hard to leave your baby laying there on a table in someone else’s hands, even if I trusted that someone. I walked down the long hall back to Ty trying to hold back the tears so she wouldn’t be scared. She asked 100 more questions in five minutes. My Mom was there too, she helped calm her down and distract her from the fear on my face. It didn’t seem like to much time passed and they were telling me to bring back Ty now. She was shaking all over, her entire little body shivering with fear. I held her tight in my arms and helped her on to the table. I whispered, “I love you” in her ear over and over again as she breathed in deep and fell asleep, kissed her and then out they sent me. I went back to get our stuff to sit in the lobby and by the time we reached the lobby door it was time to go back for Trish who was waking up. Now I was beginning to think this wasn’t such a good idea. It took Trish a while before she really woke up and when she did she complained about how much her nose and ear hurt, got her more meds and she fell back to sleep. I sat there and just held her hand and rubbed her hair off her face. Again, time went so fast and the team came in to adjust things to bring Ty in and place her close to her sister, at Trish’s request. As they both really started to come to, they reached out for one another’s hands and looked for each others face’s, it was so sweet.

So, here we are four days later, Tyra is still laid up and hurtin’ pretty bad. Trish is back at school and doing great. I am going to call the drs about Ty cause she is still in so much pain. I am so proud of my super trooper girls!!!

2 Comments:

  • Harms,

    Girl, thank you so much for your condolences on my blog, on my step dad's passing. I really appreciate the kind words and support!

    So glad to hear the girls did ok with surgery? How's Tyra's pain doing? is she better? What kind of surgery did they have?

    By Blogger Suvii, At 1:00 PM  

  • Ty had her tonsils and adnoids out and Tricia had a tube removed from her ear and something done with turbs in her nose. Tyra is getting there slowly she is still in a lot of pain. Trish is doing great. Thanks for asking.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home