Moments I want to remember...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Does it mean something, or am I just crazy??

Am I crazy for thinking it’s just really not normal to spend in excess of three hours on the phone with someone. Ex “More” and I were on the phone again for over three hours last night. I am so sleepy today, but at the same time feel happy and refreshed inside. We laughed so many times last night, HARD. I am talking laughing to the point where we couldn’t speak and ended up coughing. It was great. We talked about anything and everything there is to talk about and at the same time, nothing. We went back down memory lane a little, not like last time and joked about how we knew what the other looked like in that moment with a big smile on the face. We completed each others sentences and thoughts, not unusual, but still very special to me.

So, when I hang up, it really has me thinking, is this special or is it just him? I mean am I crazy to think I am the only person he has three hour + conversations with or not? Plus to hear the way we laugh so hard together and how intense it is for both of us, I know personally aside from Clussy punching me in the mouth, I haven’t laughed that hard in awhile. And how many three hour conversations can you have in a day? I know I am just rambling here. My point is, I don’t want to think that I am different from any other female in his life, even though in my heart I believe that to him I am. Don't want to "Assume" though.

I guess the nice part is we are finally falling back in to a really healthy friendship and he is beginning to let me in again, very slowly. I mean, it’s been over two years since we broke up, but the wall around him is very high and I am just seeing a layer or two off the top coming down.

I didn’t realize how much I missed my friend.

MJJ, love you!

13 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:27 PM  

  • I think it's great that you connect like that. Personally, I hate talking on the phone. So if I'm on the phone, it's a concerted effort and I'm trying to make a point. Sometimes, communication is just easier via phone, but still ... just not a phone talker.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:53 AM  

  • Well as you can see I think it's crazy too, but maybe not. When we were dating years ago, we used to sit on the phone and watch tv together. It was crazy cause one of our tv's was usually delayed. We seriously, if we didn't see eachother and sometimes when we did would talk an average of four hours 4/5 nights out of the week, all the time. Then I would hop in my car and head over there and we would be up a few more hours TALKING, really.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 8:52 AM  

  • Thank you, I love you too!

    Wait, I am not MJJ. :-/ Either way, love you too.

    Yeah, I used to talk like that on the phone w/boyfriends but also, you're more of a phone talker and you actually have a way of pulling conversation right out of people, even when they are not normally phone talkers. Am I rambling? You started it! heh. You guys do have a special connection with eachother and I'd appreciate that too if I were you.

    M'ers, you kinda are a phone talker. I don't think I believe you when you say you are not one. :-)

    By Blogger Claudia, At 10:26 AM  

  • Harms you are a phone lover! You could get anybody into a three hour phone conversation. Generally I like my phone conversations to be succinct. But there are exceptions to every rule, and boys are sometimes a leading exception!

    By Blogger Marci, At 10:34 AM  

  • I am just a talker period and I guess that's why I question the whole "this is special" feeling I have, but I guess the contect of our conversation is real too, not just shootin' the shit for three hours, we really talk. Then I also look at more then once in a while "the way Clussy like 'P'" is it happeneing, it's consistent and when we were dating was outta control. Like we just couldn't get enough of the sound of each other's voices and laughter.

    So, the bottom line here is, is it normal for two to talk for that many hours often?????

    By Blogger Harmony, At 12:02 PM  

  • Clussy, how many times do I call you?

    No no....if I call you....I am REALLY trying.

    I much prefer to speak IN PERSON. So, there's lots of stuff that I probably should say that never gets said 'cause I'd rather say it in person and it's not going to happen over phone or some other correspondence.

    I'm weird that way. Kinda' funny too since I used to work for AT&T and I hate the phone. AT&T would pay for the first $32 of long distance and then 1/2 off the next $65 of long distance. Want to know how often I took advantage of that? Uhm..yeah....none.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:15 PM  

  • I was just jabbing at you M'ers. I guess I like the phone even less than you because I start getting anxiety attacks and breaking out in hives after 2.5 minutes on the phone usually, unless Harms is giving me good phone. HA!!!!

    By Blogger Claudia, At 4:42 PM  

  • Yeah...I know how you are on the phone. Little Ms. Uncomfortable. Holy begeezus I've never heard the desire to get off the phone more than when I'm talking to you.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:29 PM  

  • You know that's with really everyone though, right? Right? Seriously, like, even ask Lu if you don't believe me. Heh.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 9:54 PM  

  • Everyone except ME!!! I guess I do give "good phone", huh?!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 10:27 AM  

  • Hey girl, I like your blog. Dudes got low attention span, so if they on the phone with a girl for 3+ hours- there's somethin special goin' on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:23 PM  

  • Thanks Anon., I want to believe it, but don't want to go Assuming, you know?! I know he Loves me, but I hurt him BAD, I was "That Beeoytch". Most men that know the story can't understand how he even speaks to me still. My opinion is I was always honest with him through the entire relationship.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home