Moments I want to remember...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My kids have managed to break me down again

So, my daughters’ have been asking me for these fake hair pony tail things for a couple years now and I have refused to buy them. I just didn’t think they would look right and I never thought I would be able to find a match for their hair color. I know people will be able to tell its fake, but how obvious does it have to be. I have many co-workers that wear them in their hair and they look nice. So, when we were out in the boon docks they found one and wanted to get it, nope I said, we will look when we get home. It was this little piece of something that looked like Barbie doll hair(not that nice though) and would have never covered the hair they have or mixed in nicely with their own hair, so I stood firm on my “NO”

Of course as soon as we get closer to him they start talking about it and then once we get all the bags in the question comes. So, I tell them we will look for one, I am not saying I will buy it, but we can see what we find. We go to the Dollar General walking distance from my house and look, nothing. What do you know though, a few stores down is a wig/weave shop and an entire wall of pony tails. Just my luck!!! NOT! Although it is my luck the store is closed cause it’s about 6 something on Sunday.

Anyhow, I took the girls there yesterday and we found them each a “fake” pony tail to put in the hair. I explained to them that this doesn’t mean they don’t get their hair done. The only way it will look nice in their hair is if we come it out completely and blow dry it so it doesn’t go wild while in a pony tail. Of course they agree to what ever my demands are, because they want it so bad.

Got home, undid all my hard work of many pony tails and sprayed their hair down and got out the blow dryer. Pulled it in to a tight pony tail and pinned it down with bobby pins. And the grand finally, put on the drawstring pony tail. I wish I had a digital to share the results, will post pics next week. It actually looked decent, but not real by any means. They were happy and that’s the bottom line. So, I can’t wait to get home and hear the reactions. I talked to some of my black co-workers with daughters and they all use them, so I don’t feel so bad about it.

Tyra picked out a curly one and Tricia a straight full pony tail.
Tyra's is not as big as this one though, just covers the back, but this one is pretty!!!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home