Moments I want to remember...

Monday, September 12, 2005

Roughing IT for REAL (pt 1)

Roughing it for real!!!! That’s what I did this past weekend with my daughters, friend Aimee and her daughter Hannah. We have been planning this trip for a couple months, rented a cabin and were to get away from it all and spend some time with our girls. I made a list of things we needed to bring and everyone chose items off the list. I call Cluss, cause all my camping stuff is being stored at her house and ask her to drop off a few things with Barbie, cause she is close to her office. A few things, the main things, camping stove, lantern, and grill set. Oh, and Barbie is bringing the cooler too, cause we have 3 kids and two adults in my car, not much room for extras. So, we are all set, Aimee, the kids and I are on the road a little before two and head out in to SERIOUS country VA. We get there and there is nothing but houses every where we look, no stores, we had passed a Food Lion, but that was about 45 minutes back and prior to that nothing after we left Fredericksburg. So, we unpack; get the cabin set up, sheets in the beds and all that good stuff and check out the site. The pool is green, not the normal blue color water is, so that is scary. The kids are excited and roaming around the grounds exploring on their own, very happy cause there is water near by, the Potomac River. They don’t care that there are jelly fish, cause there is a Pier they can run around on and scare the hell out of us, not a very sturdy one.

So, we go back up to the check in and ask where there is a store near buy, hmmmmm, back to Food Lion we go. We get reception somewhere along the way and talk to Barbie who let’s us know Titi is sick and she will not be coming. So, here we are out in the country with no lantern, knife, camping stove, grill set, and most of all COOLER. We made so and got to know our neighbors who let us borrow some stuff we couldn’t even find to buy. We ended up getting a plastic tub to use as a cooler, nope, won’t do that again, the ice melted so fast we must have bought a million (harmonism) bags of ice. We made it work and we had a good time, swam in the green pool (will post pics later) and cooked everything using the fire and grill. It was an experience to remember and an adventure I won’t forget, but more importantly it was a beautiful weekend away from it all and a bonding time with my girls, all of them.

8 Comments:

  • No, No, No. Not all of them. I was not there. Not all of your girls.

    Me...

    me.

    Glad you ladies had a good time though. It must have been the most fun for the lil girlies, huh?

    By Blogger Claudia, At 5:31 PM  

  • Sounds like you had a really nice weekend of R&R with the girls. Props to you for chillin in the green pool w00t!

    By Blogger Run, At 5:31 PM  

  • You're right Harms...it was so totally a perfect weekend.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:14 AM  

  • Wait, is MG callin' himself a girl?

    By Blogger Marci, At 9:39 AM  

  • No, I think I said it was a totally perfect weekend. And I meant weatherwise.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:07 PM  

  • I thought you meant you were in on the "perfect" girls (only) weekend.

    By Blogger Marci, At 5:04 PM  

  • I love camping!!!!!!!!!! It was a great weekend too, could have used a few more breezes, but it was beautiful.

    Pictures coming soon

    By Blogger Harmony, At 10:28 AM  

  • I have to admit, I also thought you were just being funny by saying you enjoyed the weekend out there w/Harms and gang as well. :-)

    The weather was really nice wasn't it. :-D

    By Blogger Claudia, At 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home