Moments I want to remember...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

GAS, i think that says it all


Alright, am I the only one freaking out about the price of gas? I mean this is really getting out of control! I guess more than anything I am freaked out cause my closest friends live 45 miles away from me. I am not even going to be able to afford to go see them soon. They reported this morning on WTOP that the price of gas will be $5 in the next few months. I filled up last night and it was over $45. So, I am just thinking, I have to factor $200 a month for gas alone, if I don’t go anywhere and if it doesn’t continue to go up. I was telling the girls I remember, not that many years ago, when it was $.79. Something needs to happen, I mean I think this is really crazy and maybe it’s just me! Unfortunately there is nothing, I can do about it and that SUCKS!!!!

Thanks Barbie for the wonderful pic of how I am feeling this morning

6 Comments:

  • OMG, I know!!! I can't imagine how much it is everywhere else if in South Riding, it's up to $289!!! oh, I mean, $2.89. Heh, might as well be hundreds though. It's ridiculous. So are we all going to just stay home from now on and tell everyone we love that we just can't afford to go see them? Or are we doing the 'commune' thing that we've talked about for years and buying a big peice of land out west, have a big 'ol estate built on it and live together in seperate sections of the house? I don't know, it's not sounding so ridiculous anymore...

    *sigh*

    I'm scurred.

    How's the young lady???

    By Blogger Claudia, At 10:13 AM  

  • I put petrol in my car last night after my trip to pasadena for sailing. I just KNEW the prices would hike up in the morning. Sheesh...they hiked up during the day yesterday. Anyhoo, I got gas last night for $2.99 and it was at $3.09 in the morning. (Damn premium gasoline.)

    By Blogger Unknown, At 5:30 PM  

  • OUCHIE, it hurts!

    By Blogger Marci, At 5:47 PM  

  • I was soooo infuriated last night when I heard on the news that CA does not get any of our gas from the Gulf Coast... yet we are paying a little over $3 for regular. WTF is right! They are gouging the hell out of us!

    By Blogger pstvnrgy, At 11:16 PM  

  • Have you noticed the cost of gas dropping?

    By Blogger Unknown, At 4:23 PM  

  • Just a little bit, actually over the weekend I got gas for $2.89. Why am I so excited about that, it still sucks!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home