Moments I want to remember...

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Monday Drama

My girls are doing a theatre camp for a "High School Musical" production. I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited when I found it and even more excited to get the discounted rate which saved me ummmmmmm about $400 that I don't have! I would have paid it though for them to have this experience and for Princess to figure out if she REALLY likes drama or not. She always talks about it and the love for plays, theatre, musicals, but I don't know that she ever thought about the work that goes with the beautiful end piece we watch. So, most places prepare for months...not these inexperienced kids, they got three weeks!!!! Three weeks to learn all the songs and dances, which are different then the ones Princess has learned from watching the movie 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times, because of copyright issues. So, new songs, new dances and lines. Not as easy as either of them were anticipating. Angel face on the other hand who had no expectations cause she didn't want to do it (but Mommy made her) really likes it. Go figure!!!

Sooooooooo, here is the Monday part. First day is Monday and I bring them to work with me and we get in the car to head over to the High School where they will be doing their thing. It is not just any High School, it is MY High School, the one I went to all four years and graduated from, the one I have nightmares about more often then I think I should. So, as I am driving up in the school, passing areas that hold four years of memories for me, so many feelings are coming back and it is CRAZY!!!!!!!!! Then I pull in front of the school and we are rushing in and when I stepped in there, even more crazy feelings. I haven't been back there in eeehhhhmmm...15 years. I stepped in and just looked around!! The smell was still the same and even the feel, all though they have remodeled lots. I took dramam in high school, so I was hoping I knew where to go and sure enough, that hadn't changed. It was an experience I wasn't prepared for and overwhelmed me. After I got them settled and left the room, walking back through the school, I walked really slow and took it all in. Then I looked around and saw the PLACE, the place from my dreams, where I am lost and it was exactly the same. I had to check myself, but who knew. I sure as hell didn't. Day #2 I just pushed them out of the car and kept on going and will continue to do that for the next several weeks until it is SHOW TIME and I get to go in there again. Nostalgia is a crazy thing. Last two nights before bed I think about the school and that I am going to have the dream, but I haven't.

Oh and the girls think that it is the COOLEST that their Mommmy graduated from there and WENT to that school. I love that part! and I CAN NOT WAIT to see them on the same stage I was once on. I am a big dork I know

2 Comments:

  • Happy belated birthday! You should treat yourself to this birthday monkey! He comes with a free toy apparently.

    Then you should try to enroll yourself in drama camp with your girls. You could totally pass for a high-schooler. It'll be just liket that Drew Barrymore movie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:11 AM  

  • CUTE! I don't know what HS musical is but I'm guessing its something the teens like. i have a few years to get my knowledge up to speed i guess.

    I walked into my old hs a few years ago to get my lil'cousin out of detention. it was sooo freaky walking in there being all grown up or at least trying to be. what made things worse was i had to sit with my old principal and talk about my cousins behavior issues. I think the principal was more uncomfortable than i was considering my history there. hehe

    By Blogger Run, At 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home