Moments I want to remember...

Monday, November 13, 2006

Mommy and daughters' weekend

We had a great time and lots of good bonding which is exactly what I was looking for. We arrived Thursday night after a long drive, do to the fact I left during rush hour, but it was cool, we sang and danced in the car all the way down. Once we got there the girls were starving, we picked up some food and headed to our spot. It was a nice night of me and the girls. We watched TV together and laid in the king size bed. The girls took turns in the jaquzzi tub and loved it, I eventually got in a hot shower. We went to sleep pretty early. Friday morning we woke up, went and had breakfast and headed to Presidents Park. It was cool, we took lots of pictures. The girls wanted to take pictures with all the presidents they knew, which was a lot. I tried to get them to read about each one and listen to the recordings they had but they were more interested in running around and reading what they wanted. It was cool, I made them tell me something about each president they wanted to take a picture with. ;) We had a good time. Then it was lunch time, but we drove around Williamsburg first and checked out somethings, they weren't interested in anything but getting back to the resort and going to the indoor pool, so that is what we did. It was a beautiful day and we spent most of it outside which was nice. We ate and then headed to the pool. We went in to the arcade and I got quarters out. It was dark in there and I am trying to shove quarters in the game then some kid says, "They are all free" Ohhhhhh. SO we played games for a while too. We went home showered and got the movie CARS for movie night and popped it in. I turned the couch in to the bed so we could all snuggle. Five minutes in to the movie Di called and wanted to come by, but I had to tell him it would be awhile cause we just put the movie in. He called 90 minutes later and came over. The girls were exhausted and couldn't wait up for him to come so they could meet him. He got there soon after, but that's another whole post. We had a nice time and hung out til 530 am. After he left I crashed, I was exhausted. Got up shortly after I slept and then the girls and I headed to VA Beach. We walked around and hung out together, played on the beach, ate lunch, plated some more and then headed back. We decided to stop by Di's job so he could meet the girls. He took us out for ice cream and the girls asked lots of questions about the younger me, when I was a teenager. It was cute. We all laughed a lot. They did steps and dances for him, showed off. They liked him. When it was time to leave, they ran to him to hug him good by. We went back and headed to the pool, played video games and back to eat dinner, I made breakfast for dinner and the girls loved it. They were exhausted though, for real. We all crashed. I packed up some before I went to sleep. Next morning, I got up early and packed the car up, Di called around 9 and was heading over to take us to breakfast. We hung out, he helped me pack up and we went to eat. We were at breakfast for about 3 hours and then I had to ruin the fun and get on the road. We had a good time, the girls had a blast.

On the way home Ty asked me if Di and I were ever boyfriend and girlfriend, I told her the truth and she said she could tell by the way he was looing at me. That freaked me out a little. They asked some more questions and said they liked him a lot. It was a wonderful weekend!!!

1 Comments:

  • Your girls are so perceptive and in tune to body language.

    Perhaps they can school Brad on that stuff ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home