Moments I want to remember...

Monday, August 21, 2006

First concert for my girls

What a wonderful time I had with my girls and my niece on Sat. night. I got tickets for the three of them to go see the Chris Brown concert as a surprise end of the summer event. Of course I could only hold it in so long after I got the tickets because I knew how excited they were going to be. Wow, I had know idea how big of a deal the first concert would actually be, it required, hair done, new out-fits and shoes to go with, jewelry and of course a little lip gloss. The three of them looked really pretty.
On the way to the concert the girls are singing and screaming because they are so excited and I am smiling ear to ear because of their happiness. I remember my first concert; we got dropped of with tickets in hand. I was 13 and going to see New Edition. I remember the same excitement my daughters both had oozing out. So, as we get closer and they see a sign for the Nissan Pavilion they all start screaming.
After walking up a 100 stairs to the field we get settled around 6 pm, concert starts at 7. The girls BEG me to upgrade their seats when they see people getting up from the field and leaving. So, I said yes, but only if they didn’t ask for anything else. We walked around to find the upgrades and got great seats, even better seats because we moved up to the front row where no one was sitting. The show started and the girls, danced, sang and had so much fun. Of course I had to get pictures taken since you weren’t aloud to have your camera, I paid $1,000,000,000 to get these to pics taken, okay $20, but shit, that’s a lot for two little pics. However, after I saw them it was worth it.
The concert was great, very entertaining and lasted four hours!!! The girls had a wonderful time and I loved seeing their excitement, joy and awe of their favorite singer. Took us 45 minutes to get out of the lot, we went and ate at IHOP, we were all starving!!! Got home around 1:45 and when I woke the girls up to go in the house, they were still mumbling, “Thanks, Mom, you are the best”

oh the million dollar picture

There is one more of the three of them, but Blogger is F-in' up!!!!

8 Comments:

  • Heh, they're so hardcore here w/their poses yet they have the twinkling smiles. Awww.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 9:47 AM  

  • ha. my first concert was paula abdul...at sea world.

    dude, im totally cool.

    They look so happy. You are such a good mama :)

    By Blogger Tricia, At 10:01 AM  

  • twenty dollars?! Are you kidding?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:55 AM  

  • R - $20!!!! Can you believe that and those were the cheapest ones!!!! So, many little kids spending all their dinner money I am sure on these pics. They had two other backgrounds too.
    T - Thanks!!! I try!!! Were you with your family?
    C - Aren't they so freaking cute and they couldn't hide happiness and excitement even if they tried to be hard. I love it!!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 2:51 PM  

  • Oh and they had lil' jean jackets to go with their outfits, can't wait to get the other pics.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 2:52 PM  

  • Double Awww (squared)!

    By Blogger Claudia, At 3:02 PM  

  • Harms, your daughters are sooo beautiful! What a joy it must be for you to watch them develop into young ladies! And what a cool momma you are for taking them to see their favorite singer!!!

    My very first concert was Duran Duran and I think I was 11. I didn't have a cool moms like you, so I went with my sister-in-law who was 23 at the time (good thing for me I have a much older brother who married young!)

    These are the moments they will never forget about their mom.... and I'm sure watching their joy was a special moment for you too.

    By Blogger Suvii, At 5:22 PM  

  • Su- thank you, your son is a knock out also and as he grows you will start to have the fear and the disbelief like WOW, I made this. I look at my young women and remember them in the belly kicking away at me, the day theu were born, first steps I was so proud of, first day of school and so many others in between. I am so glad they think I am "Cool" except when I dance and look like grandma ;), but for the most part they enjoy doing things with me and having me around, even when they are with their friends.

    Still trying to figure out who it was more special for them or me, cause we are all still smiling about it.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home