Moments I want to remember...

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Party of the Summer

I had a slumber party for my girls the weekend before last and it was a hit. I told the girls they could invite three friends each, what was I thinking, plus their little sister because I knew one of the lil’ sisters of their friends was coming to. So, now we’re up to 10 kids. Well, so and so heard about the party and called and was sad cause they weren’t invited and they saw so and so at the pool and they heard and next thing you know, I don’t know how many kids are showing up. We had been planning this shebang all summer and the opportunity presented itself to finally have it when I knew my roommates were headed out of town. So the girls have been AMPED up about it. I tell them to call their friends and remind them to bring bathing suits and pool passes (almost everyone that lives in my area belongs to the pools). The girls are so grown and are giving directions and I hear them providing the address and listing what will have planned for the evening. Awwwwww, so cute. I talk to a few parents, but not all, which I am surprised about. I guess I have met most of the parents at one previous school function or another. So, in addition to all these girls, they have called the boys and told them to meet us at the pool. HAAAAAA, no not funny really. So, we walk to the pool and no boys, whooo, thank goodness. I guess I spoke to soon because here they come and the parents are dropping them off. I have in my care now about 12 girls and 5 boys. I don’t know how teachers do it. We are only there for two hours, I can do this. We have one that gets made fun of and ends up crying, another that goes to bat for her and hits one of the boys, he gets a bloody nose and now I have to step in. I talk to them all and they all respect me and what I said, not that I was that worried cause I know most of these kids and their parents. Turns out one of the mothers of three of the boys can’t come pic them up yet, no biggie (just so happens to be the twin boys my girls have a crush on and their cousin). We allllllll walk back to my house and I cook. I cook a pack of hot dogs and 12 hamburgers, oh and three boxes of mac and cheese. These kids are starving, it’s about 8 now. Some how, still not sure how I did it, but I managed to feed them all, settle them down, get them out of wet clothes, make some of them take showers and sit down and eat myself. We all watched a movie together, “She’s the Man”. It starts to get pretty dark and I have sparklers that I told them we would do, so before it’s too late we pause the movie and head out to the driveway and light them up. I have Tricia helping me and the boys Mom shows up too. At this point I am EXHAUSTED and it’s only 930. We finish the movie, the boys are gone. We do crafts, make book marks, door hangers, and bracelets and them have a dance party. We play a couple games and them they dance again. Do they ever stop, am I crazy for doing this, when can I go to sleep. I decide it’s time to settle down again, pop in a movie, make 5 bags of popcorn and position them in their sleeping bags. It’s now about 2 and I head upstairs. I wake up around 3 something and smell something strong, so I peak to see what’s going on, now they are doing their nails, I just close my door and try to go back to sleep. I wake up again around 430 and all the girls are finally sleeping. Alarm goes off at 730, time to wake the first one up and get her fed and ready for her dad to pick her up. Once she is off, I start cooking. I make pancakes, eggs and fruit for the kids. After the last one is picked up, I head upstairs an sleep until 1.

I did it, and not only did I do it, I did it well and all the kids think I am the coolest and T and T are so happy and proud of their Momma. They have also informed me that on the first day of school, everyone was talking about their party and how cool it was and how "fun" you Mom is!!!!! I guess it was all worth it

12 Comments:

  • Awww, you are totally flaunting the fact that you're the coolest Mom ever. We keep hearing it again and again. Sheesh woman!

    ((snicker)) It's very well deserved praise.

    You've got more resilience and patience than I have honey. That's why you're my baby daddy. Seriously, if I did that even once, I'd still be in bed recovering. That_many_kids. This is why I'm not a Mom yet? That and the obvious reasons of course.

    Are they the most popular girls in school yet? You know, like the Sweet Valley High twins...

    By Blogger Claudia, At 4:20 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 4:21 PM  

  • Sweet Valley High! Oh how I loved those books. Evil Jessica!

    Harms, you always wanted to be the cool Mom! Yay! I knew you had it in ya. So awesome. It it weird that shit like this totally reels me in (as in, it sounds fun), but the thought of one child, to live with day in and day out freaks me the eff out? Yeah? Weird? Nevermind then.

    By Blogger Marci, At 5:39 PM  

  • I've got one word for you:

    "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!"

    Lets think about that next time. k thx ;)

    You are an awesome mom, there was never any doubt. not ever.

    By Blogger Tricia, At 8:36 AM  

  • Not that I want to be the coolest. I just want them to want me around and not be embarasses to have me hanging out with them and friends. I think I have gained that though after this summer and the BIG birthday party is coming, which will be 100x worse then the sleep over cause I will have lots of boys and girls. We are already working on invitations and their bday isn't until November.

    Mish, you would have loved it, it really was fun when they were settled and organized. I know you would have had a good time with me though.

    They don't even see eachother during school expect between 3rd and 4th period they cross paths in the hall, but other then that. The party is still being talked about though from what they tell me. :) I am cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    Cluss, get preggies and by the time you have the baby I will be ready to move in and be the Daddy!!! ;)

    By Blogger Harmony, At 1:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:40 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:23 AM  

  • Harms, you are the bestest, most awesomemest mom!!!!! Party sounds like it was FUN! Can I crash the next one? I'll pretend to be pre-teen!

    By Blogger Suvii, At 2:28 PM  

  • Suvii -
    Oh, I would love for any adult to come crash the next one, if there is going to be a next one ;)!! I needed some help with those screamin/screechin girls. Their bday party is comin up next month, you gonna make a trip cross country, it's going to be a luau. :)

    By Blogger Harmony, At 8:17 AM  

  • Ohhh.. I'm so in for a luau!!! Hmmm..a cross country trip might be just what the doctor ordered since my hubby is not my favorite person these days and I need a break!!! LOL I can always bring my little terror (oops, I mean my litlle angel...) and let him tire them out!!!

    By Blogger Suvii, At 10:19 AM  

  • WHOA, did I hear LUAU? Awesome!

    And Suviisissima, you'd be up for coming cross country? Honey Child, you'd be welcome in my house (I got a guest room that I took so much trouble to decorate and has been so empty lately) if you felt like coming to DC.

    Harmsmoney, is their 'kid' party going to be the luau? How 'bout the 'friends' one?

    I'm constantly slapped around w/the reality of how fast time is going by here... Their b'day... whoa.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 8:54 PM  

  • Suvii - The more the merrier, for real for real!!! We have 9 in the house, two more is nada!! And I am sure your little Angel would fit right in with all the kids we have running around!! And of course there is always the option of Casa De Clussy!!! Oh, it would be so much fun!!!

    Cluss - It's going to be an all in one this year!! I am thinking of starting it early with all the kids and having them out by a certain time as the adults begin to arrive. I am going to be worn out, but you know it will be a BLAST!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! I have been planning this since June!!! :) Maragritas and Pina coladas will be started early!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home