Moments I want to remember...

Monday, July 17, 2006

One Year and it continues

One year, it’s been one whole year; 52 weeks, 365 days and I have survived it and feel incredible. I can’t believe I did it. I never ever thought I would be able to, but here I am SINGLE and happy. This is a huge accomplishment for me. Since I was 14 and had my first boyfriend I have gone w/o one until last July. I have always been very co-dependant and labeled myself as such and others have too. Not anymore people!!! I am NO LONGER CO-DEPENDANT!!!! I am INDEPENDANT!!!

For most this probably wouldn’t be a big deal to be single for a year, however this is one of those things I never thought I would get through, being alone, w/o a man. Not only have I done this for myself, but for my beautiful daughters’, so they know and believe you don’t have to have a man to validate who you are as a woman. I think I believed this for a long time that if I didn’t have a man that something was wrong with me or I would be judge as such and I am not sure at what point in my life that stuck, but it did.

So, here I am one year later from the best/worst relationship in my life and I am happier today then I have ever been in any relationship. I guess there really is something said about being alone and giving yourself time to find you and fall in love with you/ME. I love me and I am glad that it is no longer a chore to be alone. I am actually in no rush to hop in to another relationship and I am so much closer to my daughters’ now that I can truly focus on them and dedicate myself to them and only them. This would be the first year they have had me all to themselves in 11 years.

Don’t get me wrong I have my days I go through thinking “I will never find the one” or “I am going to be alone forever”, but I wouldn’t have given this experience up for either of those. I believe that God will bring me my mate in time when I am truly ready. I trust that when I have gone through all I need as a single person, the right one will walk in to my life and I will not settle. I know that I am much happier and stress-free then I was in any relationship and I don’t have to worry about how to manage my time between man, friends and kids. I know there are many benefits to being married or in a healthy relationship and I look forward to those, but for now, I will continue to enjoy my new found freedom.

I tried to enter my fat happy picture but No luck, you will just have to trust me on this one.

10 Comments:

  • happy yes. fat? not so much.

    stop it ya punk. you are beauuuuuuuuutiful.

    I saw the pictures, dont believe her.

    By Blogger Tricia, At 9:14 AM  

  • I can't believe it's been a year. Actually, it seems like longer. It seems like 2 years. Really just a year?

    Doll up for Paper Moon in a couple weeks and just watch them line up. And THEN tell me how you feel about yourself... The men have always loved you (not to mention us ladies... HOMOOOOOO sexuals!). Your beauty is different than any others. I mean, yeah, you got this blinding smile, emotionally charged blue eyes (wait, can you be my baby daddy?), a helluvah rack, ass like BAM and gorgeous, thick blonde hair but that's not even your charm... Your charm is what beams out of every one of your pores and sucks us all in. The positive energy, the laughs, the love and the way that everyone is so accepted and not judged when coming your way. You, my love, are like no other.

    ((on bended knee)) Be my baby daddy-mommy and make me the happiest woman alive?

    ((btw, I'm totally holding out a ring for you right now... too bad it's a wintergreen lifesaver but you feel me, right?))

    I love you my single lady.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 2:32 PM  

  • yah. what she said.

    smoochies :P

    By Blogger Tricia, At 9:30 PM  

  • Heh, look at Tricia trying to ride my coat tails on the uber sap. ((taking away lemon drop))

    Did you also present her w/a ring?? Huh? Huh? Did'ya?

    By Blogger Claudia, At 9:24 AM  

  • Clussy, you are my best woman ever and I would be honered to be your baby daddy/momma anytime. I truly appreciate your words and can't wait to read them again w/o crying!!! :) Youuuuuu!!!!!!! I love you and I am so blessed to have you in my life and on my side, I apprecite you!! You know I feel the same way about you, that you radiate beauty, you have a beautiful soul too and I think that's what makes us good together and you don't have to give me a ring I am yours forever!!!!! :)

    Tricia - thanks doll, you can ride those words of Clussy's anytime, cause they make me feel some kinda special.

    Nunus - she presents me with all kinds of goodies all the time, heee heee, that's what's wonderful about her being right downstairs all day long. Just an elevator ride away, or stairs if I am feeling motivated that day.

    Love you girlies and thanks for all the support this last year, couldn't have done it with out both of yous!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 9:53 AM  

  • GIMME MY LEMONDROP BACK WOMAN!

    I'm not afraid of you! I know Taebo!

    By Blogger Tricia, At 10:32 AM  

  • wait no I lie, im afraid. I don't wanna get punched in the nose for knocking on your door :P

    but still, i know taebo!

    *runs*

    By Blogger Tricia, At 10:34 AM  

  • I can bob and weave to hip hop and jab jab jab w/the rest of them. Though if I see a jab coming my way I run and scream for Harms and she steps in. ;-) I would never really take away your lemon drop. I know dem's fighting words and I'm a lover, not a fighter. Awww yeeee.

    HA! Harms told you about the jabbing at the front door when she came a' knocking?

    So we'd both be hiding behind a different corner, waving white flags at eachother while holding our drinks in hand? Awesome fight scene. Awesome. Like Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

    I LOVE YOU THE MOSTEST HARMSMONKEY!

    By Blogger Claudia, At 11:37 AM  

  • You both are funny and neither one of you are fighters, but it's great to read!!! :) I got you back, both of yous!!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 2:20 PM  

  • I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home