Moments I want to remember...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's Official

What a day, I had no idea all the emotions that would come with it. My daughters’ graduated from elementary school today and are moving on in to Middle School. The last two days have been crazy at home as they have been trying to figure out what they wanted to wear and how they wanted their hair done, along with waking up at the crack of dawn, literally because of the excitement it brings, not just getting out of school, but moving on to a new school. I guess I hadn’t even really thought about what was going on, I just couldn’t wait for summer to get here and school (homework) to be done. This morning when I arrived at the school and as I walked in I felt happy and sad at the same time. It hit me out of no where that my girls are going in to middle school (they are growing up). All the parents and grand parents were dressed up, cameras hanging from everyone’s wrists or around their necks, and smiles all around. I went in and sat down and looked around at all of the proud parents. Things settled down and they announced the kids would be coming in, I stood up with camera in place and couldn’t wait to see my girls. I tried to take pictures of their friends too as they walked in to sit down. The ceremony was beautiful and I really had to fight to hold back the tears so I didn’t embarrass them. They called each one to the stage and gave them a certificate, shook hands of their teachers and the principal. I took TWO rolls of film in a matter of three hours and then loaded it with a third and left it for the girls to take more. I can’t wait to see the pictures; I am actually as excited as they are to see them. I took a bunch of them and their friends with their t-shits the school had made for them. It had all the names of the fifth graders in their signatures in the ’06 part. They put those things on as fast as the teachers could hand them out, the boys’ changes right in the class rooms. Of course I got pictures of the girls with the set of twin boys and they all acted as though it was so horrible, but I know they loved it, the girls, anyway. My babies are growing up and will start yet another adventure in their lives. I am so proud of them and so proud to be their Mommy. I love you both my angels!!!

5 Comments:

  • Someone needs to get you a digital camera.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:34 PM  

  • Someone got her a digital camera (ok, it was not a new one but stil...).

    So can they be my DD's to the club yet? I mean, they're graduating Elementary, that's got to mean something for me, right?

    Our Baby girls... oh my. I need to take them for a girly evening soon.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 4:56 PM  

  • Bebeeees! Ohp. Remember when the graduated from kindergarten? God that seems like just last year.

    By Blogger Marci, At 7:04 PM  

  • Rich, I just don't want to go digital, I like my camera and I like that it is cheaper to get pics developed, maybe one day.

    Cluss, Thank you!!! You know how I feel about my camera though, I did carry the one you gave me around for a week, even put batteries in it and took a few pics. And....NO NO NO!!! No DD, they aren't even close, NOOOO!!!!!

    However girly night they would really like, don't forget about Titi too, she is looking for one.
    Oh and Mish, they ask about your day with them allll the time. It will be their bday again soon, LOL

    Mish - I was thinking about that yesterday too, how all of "The Friends" took off work and came to their graduation and we had a party at the park after. It does seem like it was just yesterday.... my babies

    By Blogger Harmony, At 7:45 AM  

  • Oh, that was a fun graduation. They were so teeny.
    What is DD?
    Harms, what are you going to do when they start driving? Yipes.

    By Blogger Buggie, At 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home