Moments I want to remember...

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My favorite place in the world, my safe spot

What a weekend, a wonderful weekend, full of good times, laughter and friendship.

Started off the weekend Friday with a smooth drive to the beach in the morning with my favorite girls, my kids and Banana, we had an easy drive to Assateague Island to set up camp. We had to wait until two for check in, but that was only about 30 minutes wait and our greeting of some of the others (B, Danny, Lil’ T and Sauuuuuuul) that arrived took about that long. We finally got to our spot and it was perfect, not that far of a walk to the beach and right next to the bathroom for preggy B and the kids. We all pitched in and set up camp, then while the guys finished up, the kids were up on the beach, B and I headed to the store for food and alcohol. Cluss arrived a little later, of course after everything was set up and food was on the grill!!! :) The clouds came and went and came back again with a lil shower here and there, but nothing that sent us to our tents. We had a great night and the potatoes were PERFECT (like celery, only the little ones cooked all the way through, but not if you let D.D., Drunk Danny, tell it) he fed them to us all night. As soon as he turned I popped them out of my mouth and in to the fire. I think excluding kids and B, we all drank wayyyyy to much, or at least I did. The other three drinkers, C, D, and S seemed fine int eh morning. Sat., we woke up to some clouds and then the sun peaked out so we all ran to the bathroom to get our bathing suits on and while we were in there changing, POORING DOWN RAIN started. We kept hoping it was going to pass, waiting, looking for any little glimpse of light, but nothin’. The kids went stir crazy in their tent while we hung out having the time of our lives in the big tent as rain dripped through both tents. Finally we broke down and went to meet my Mom and Alex for some “linner” as my kids call it (lunch and dinner), or “dunch” at the crab house around the corner. Still raining an hour + later, so we broke down and decided to get a hotel. Not even five minutes after paying for the rooms, the sun breaks through the clouds and we have a beautiful evening. We take a long walk on the boardwalk and played in the heated pool. Cluss and I had a little game going on with this ball until our arms were so sore we just couldn't throw it back in forth, but it made us laugh until our tummy muscles were sore and we only let the kids play with us for a little while and went back to just her and I, we're so "selfish" and "MEAN"!! Turned out to be wonderful. All fell asleep before midnight. Sunday we woke up to sunshine, beautiful sunshine, nice breeze, a few puffy clouds, it was great. We packed everything up, my Mom reserved the spot for the day and we hung out on the beach til 230, showered and rolled out. The ride home was a breeze until I ran in to a HUGE ACCIDENT with multiple cars and an over turned truck. I was right near and exit so I called B cause she knows MD and got off. I had to stop at a gas station cause I was going through neighborhoods, realized I was in SE, got help and got home fast then I think if I went the other way. Anyhoo, what a nice relaxing weekend at the best place in the world.

8 Comments:

  • You're selfish and cruel! You're so mean... Come on, just a little bit?

    ((snicker))

    By Blogger Claudia, At 10:36 AM  

  • How come Claudia wasn't mentioned at all? Is this some sort of weird game you are playing with her?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:12 PM  

  • I was thinking the same thing but opted to leave it alone. I think Harms was embarrassed to admit she was with me. We're having a secret, torid affair that she does not want to speak of. Don't worry Harms, I'm not telling anyone... except for your blog traffic. I love you?

    By Blogger Claudia, At 3:58 PM  

  • ((crickets))

    By Blogger Claudia, At 5:36 PM  

  • I know, right?

    What's her deal?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:05 PM  

  • Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! SO, freakin busy, that's my deal!! I have so many things I want to write about and share, no time.

    Clussy, I had a wonderful time with you at the beacha nd jumping in the freezing water, sharing a tent, loving our new favorite tasty beverage and just being in your presence!!! I would never exclude you, ever!!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 2:18 PM  

  • Ahhh, much better! Now i feel sufficiently loved.

    You're not longer cruel, selfish and mean in my eyes.

    Love you!

    By Blogger Claudia, At 9:04 AM  

  • I don't know if Saul would agree with you or not!! HAAAA

    I love youthe mostest baby girl

    By Blogger Harmony, At 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home