Moments I want to remember...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Tricia and Tyra WOW 11

This is little Trica in a newborn shirt with newborn socks no bigger than my thumb. The shirt is about 7in. long


That's Tyra about 3/4 weeks old, just weighed over 2 lbs and look at her now!


My daughters’ turned 11 on Monday. I can’t believe it. I am amazed at how time flies. I remember the day I brought them home like it was yesterday. It was an early evening in Jan., Happy New Year’s to me. I packed them up in the car seats, grabbed two monitors, gave MAD love to all the nurses, video taped the whole event of course. It was cold and I bundled them all up with snow suits and they still didn’t fit in their car seats, so little, they weighed just over 4lbs. ( think about ground beef or chicken to relate, or even better, the smallest bag of sugar you can buy is usually five pounds and they were less then that). So, we get them all buckled in the car and had home about 10 minutes away and when we get there, I throw a monitor on each shoulder and carry a baby in each arm in the car seats up three flights of stairs, I had to start practicing, cause next time in addition there would be a diaper bag too. As soon as I got them up there I took off the snow suits laid them on the floor and just watched and held them, I was amazed and full of such joy. I was over flowing with emotions I didn’t have time to really feel while they were up and down during the hospital stay. I finally had my babies’ home and I could breathe and exhale because we all made it home from the hospital. At first I was told I would bring one home and than the other and at he last minute literally (the night before they told me when I went to go sleep there, the hospital makes you spend your last night with them in a room all by yourself to test you, it’s funny) they let me take them both home. I have never had so many emotions all at once; I was 20 and single with two little babies. I was nervous and scared, trying to retain everything I learned, going through the steps of Infant CPR just in case, it was a strong possibility too. Excitement like I have never experienced before. Love, Happiness, grateful and thankful, spiritual, WOW, you name it I felt it that first night and the many to follow. I was finally able to hold my babies with only one wire attached and I could even take that off when I was keeping a close eye on them, it was everything I prayed for during those first three months, I fought for those little girls, HARD and 11 years later I am more pleased with the results then I could have ever imagined I would be. I love my daughters and all the miracles, blessing and love they have brought in to my life. I am such a lucky Mom to have two wonderful and amazing, appreciative, grateful children.

3 Comments:

  • tick.tick.tick.

    I want one or two. I can't believe it's been 11 years Harms!!! 11 years. And now they're creeping towards their teens and have developed such different attitudes and characteristics and now I can talk about all kinds of stuff with them. Thank God that they survived everything that they had to go through and that they have such wonderful, bright futures ahead of them.

    Can't wait to go dancing with them in a few years. ;-)

    By Blogger Claudia, At 4:33 PM  

  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sometimes I think about that and smile, but now it seems like it is to close the year they turn 18 will be here before I know it and can they ask for a "Friends" party that year, cause I would love it!!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 4:53 PM  

  • Remember that first year and how we could barely wait for them to be five so we could see their little personalities and comb their hair into little pigtails and such? 11? Too old! Be babies again, please!

    By Blogger Marci, At 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home