Moments I want to remember...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

You know how normally when you have a four day weekend it goes by so fast it seems as though you didn't have anytime off, well not this year. In fact by Sunday evening it felt like I had been off for a week. I don't know if it was because I was just on vacation for Clussitas wedding or not, but I liked it!!!! I was Super busy too, it makes no sense to me and I am still trying to process it but I am THANKFUL for it. I came in to work yesterday refreshed and ready to go. (I also went to bed at 915 Sunday night)


Wed: went to work and got off 90 minutes early, whooooooo-hooooo and thanks to HOV and carpool was home in 25 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Took a little snoozer, woke up and went to get some goodies for "Movie Night" with the neighborhood kids. We all met up at the club house at about 730ish and watched "Hairspray", they loved it and so did I. It was a great movie to watch with a bunch of teens to see their reactions and listen to their comments. I sware they must forget I am sitting in the back chillin. We all walked as a group and dropped everyone off at home and then the girls and I headed home. As usual they are so appreciate of the little things I do with them and it's all worth it.


TURKEY DAY: got up at 730 and started cooking. I made a cake and cupcakes, two pumpkin pies, green bean casserole w/ sausage gravy, sweet potatoes, corn bread, honey coated ham and stuffing. Relaxed and hung out with my babies! Got lots of text messages and calls of Happy Thanksgivings which made me smile!!!!!!!!! Headed over to D's house to eat with friends and family. Stuffed our faces and sat around the table and talked and laughed until our belly's hurt. Thought about calling my Mas many times to give her a big ol' laugh, because we had so many of those moments!!! Headed home.


Friday: Woke up and took the girls, Bananna and Titi to see enchanted at 1045 am. So you would think on Black Friday that the movies wouldn't be packed early in the am on this day, but sure enough they were. We went to see "Enchanted", it was great. Of course since we went to the Mills to watch the movie we had to walk around and the store they wanted to go to was at the OTHER end of the mall it took us two hours to get there and then maybe a hour in the freakin store where they can't afford anything. Friday night the girls had a friend, C, spend the night. I cooked dinner and we went to BBs to get movies.

Saturday: Woke up extra early to get all the girls in the shower to wash their hair so we could go get it done. YEAH!!!! I got my haircut too, just trimmed nothing dramatic or exciting. Headed over to Aims to chill and pick up Banana. Back to my house and cook YUMMY chili, everyone had seconds. Then I got some popcorn and soda together and headed up to the clubhouse for another "Movie Night". This time Aim and lil Ci joined us for a fun Christmas movie. It was great. I had two beers and was tore up from the floor up, it's crazy!!!

Sunday: RELAXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chilled and got some stuff done around the House!!!

It was a great weekend!! Here are a few pics
Thanksgiving
Gma and baby Nana at Thanksgiving
Girls after they got their hair did

I had one from movie night, but....uh-oh I deleted it and it is not on this puter

Hope everyone had a wonderful, thankful and blessed holiday with family and friends!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Thank you so much for this, Honey. I don't know that you know how much it means to me to be able to see pics and read about the details, even the mundane ones. I love you guys! The girls hair looks great and more importantly, they look happy.

    Miss you!

    ps - Sean says Hi!

    By Blogger Claudia, At 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home