Moments I want to remember...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Get-a-way with my girls

I have such a fear of my litle girls growing up and not wanting to hang out with Momma anymore that I am trying to get all this quality time in I possibly can. We went on another little get-a-way this past weekend to Williamsburg (used my Mom's timeshare). We went to Kings Mill Plantation, I think that is what it was called. It was a nice resort, can't wait to go back in the summer. They had lots of activities for us to do, but most importantly they have an olimpic size indoor pool. This is very important to my girls, along with the rooms that had dvd/vcrs in every room. We took advantage of those as a family too. We had such a great time and I only asked a few times if they will love me and want to spend time with me like this in the next few years too. They sware they will, even pinky promised me. I still don't believe it, want it writen in a contract in blood. Yes, I am crazy!!! I don't really want it writen in blood, but that's how paranoid I am that they will turn in to normal teenage girls and not want to have anything to do with me.

I sat in the steamroom, while the grirls were exercising and tried to figure it out, my paranoia. I think it is because I shyed away from my Mom big time as soon as I hit middle school, I think that is when I remember it happening. I know my girls are me and I am not my Mom, but it's just a part of life, isn't it? I talk to a lot of my co-workers that have gone through it and they all continue to try and convince me that they will "hate" me by 15 at the latest!!! BOOOOOOOO!! I will prove them wrong. I am determined to maintain a close relationship with my girls.

I thought it was a good sign when after we watched a movie on Friday night in the King size bed they wanted to me sleep in there with them like a "Slumber Party". Of course I did!!! We made tote bags, painted bird houses, went shopping, saw Brige to Tarabitha (sp), went to the zoo, rented movies, ate out a few times, exercised, hung out at the pool and most importantly spent some good quality time togethe, The other cool thing was the zoo trip, that story to come soon as well as pics.

1 Comments:

  • Awww, so glad you girls had such a nice long weekend. And of course they'll still love you. Look at all you do with them and how involved you keep them w/the friends even. Look at my Mom and I. I never hated her. She was a single Mom and did the best she could and sometimes drove me nuts but I did and still do worship her in my own way and as much as I can complain, she's at the top of my list of people I love and always will be. If you keep the communication, love and affection flowing, they won't be going anywhere.

    If they do, heck, at least they'll still love their NuNus the mostest! So, uh, I'll just tell you their secrets they tell me. ;-) Actually, you know I'd respect their wishes of privacy if they came to me on that level, unless I thought it was something that you absolutely had to know, though I doubt they'd even keep anything from you.

    Anyways, Love you Mama Harms! (the mostest! winner winner shrimp scampi dinner!)

    By Blogger Claudia, At 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home