Moments I want to remember...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

OUCH

I had to have to teeth pulled last Friday and I have been in so much pain ever since. The positive though is I had my last smoke Friday morning at around 0800. I have been in pain from this stinkin tooth for a couple weeks now and it got so bad I had to go. It was the worst thing (not a harmonism) EVER, getting it pulled. I would have sets of twins over and over again before going through that. When it was finally out and all over with the dentist told me I needed to go was my face. As I was walking from the chair to the bathroom, the staff was starring at me all pathetically. I thought cause they just heard me screaming for the last 30 minutes until I reached the bathroom and looked in the mirror. OHMIGOSH!!!!!!!!! I had mascara above my eyebrows, on my chin, and in my ears, with some blood mixed in. I looked like I was raped and beaten(again, not a harmonism), it was truly that bad. I took a paper towel and did the best I could, but I just wanted to get the F&^% outta there. The dentist apologized many times and tried to explain to me why it was so bad, whateva!!!! He also told me I should have listened to him and not moved. He had to put Novocain straight to the nerve, OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, and he warned me it would hurt but told me it was very important I didn't move. Not only did I move, I pushed his hand out of my mouth and SCREAMED!!!!!!!! Screamed cause he cut me with the drill when I was forcing his hand out of my mouth, oops, my bad!! Anyway, I am finally feeling better, somewhat, I am going to try and continue not to smoke!!! :)

12 Comments:

  • Will you hate me if I say I laughed a little at your story?
    (sorry)

    It reminds me of the time I had to have something done with one of my molars. They put this big harness on me to keep my mouth open and this big rubber guard over the opening so that only the one tooth was exposed, and I was wearing these huge sunglasses that they give you so I could stand the big dentist light, and in the middle of the whole thing I had to go to the bathroom so I went out to the bathroom by the waiting room with all that crap on. Big sunglasses and a big rubber face with one bloody tooth exposed. There were was one little girl and two little boys in the waiting room. The little girl ran to hug her mommy when she saw me. I'm sure they couldn't wait for their turn.

    See how I took your post and made it about ME. That's my talent.

    I hope you feel better, good job on the smokes. I know everyone says it doesn't get easier, but they are lying, it actually does, and the cool thing is, you still get to smoke in your dreams at night.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:34 AM  

  • Ack! Those visuals were so intense! I can't believe you went through all that and that it's not just a Harmonism! You poor, sweet, blinding ray of sunshine. What can I do to make it better?

    Rich, you get 5 pts for great visual too. You both are on a roll here.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 11:27 AM  

  • Like butter?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:54 AM  

  • Por Dios!! Pobrecita :(
    Alma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:38 PM  

  • aww harms im sorry :(

    ya didnt tell me all that! yikes!

    yay nonSmokers! We can do it!

    p.s. so *thats* how you spell pobrecita!

    By Blogger Tricia, At 4:04 PM  

  • Thanks for all the love, I need it!! It truly was horrible and you know it's bad when the dentist has your mouth opened as wide as he can get it, is coming around you from the other side and then says, "Wow, this is the worst I have ever seen, are you sure you want to go through with this now?", I felt like respnding with, "What Mother Fu%(*&R, you couldn't asked me that five screams ago, now you want to ask me after you have tortured me like no one ever has?" Instead I shook my head, YES and kept my eyes closed tight!!! I wish I could've have taken a piture so you could see how serious I am about not exxagerating the blood and mascara all over me freaking face and in my ears.

    more visuals, love you guys!!!
    Smoke free kisses for all!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 4:50 PM  

  • OMG!!! you poor girl that sounded really horrible. OUCH! I feel your pain, I had oral (hehehe) surgery last month and it hurt like a mofo.

    Feel better!

    By Blogger Run, At 9:28 PM  

  • I am sorry! That sounds terrible. But I do have to admit to giggling a little in the way it was told. You have an art for sharing stories, Harms! You too, Rich. (Ha, on your's, too!)
    I had two teeth pulled a few months ago (wisdom) and I was all dramatic about the blood. But in reality, it was apparently an easy one, because DAMN Harms.. I know it was not bad like that! How are you feeling now?

    By Blogger Buggie, At 10:28 PM  

  • I am finally starting to feel some what normal, the reason it was so bad Bug is cause it was infected. I had been on antibiotics for 4 days and it was still bad. The dentist asked me several times how I was even functioning like that, my response, lots of pain meds!! :) He had to give me so many shots and that is what is sore all the places he stuck the needle, but I feel so much better then I did with that yuck tooth in my head!!! :)

    By Blogger Harmony, At 9:53 AM  

  • Poor baby, I am SOOOO glad you haven't been smoking though.

    And am I really the only one that is suspect of the non-Harmonisms? They can't ALL be non-Harmonisms...a wee teeny little bit has to be exaggerated in some fashion, otherwise I don't beleive you were actually the one to write this post :)

    By Blogger Marci, At 1:09 PM  

  • Holy Brutality!

    /me empathizes.

    OUCHIE!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:53 PM  

  • Thanks Mers!!! :) I am feeling much better now, a freaking week later.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home