Moments I want to remember...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Smoking thoughts

So, I was just outside smoking, when will I quit???? My head is hurting so bad, I think I have a sinus infection. I am going to the doctor’s this afternoon. So, I am laying on the bench smoking and thinking about friends, relationships, just kind of day dreaming and then I had a thought. Do people really change so dramatically as they get older or is that the person they always were. I know people change, but (in my humble opinion) usually it’s for the better as they get older. So, I am thinking about a person I called friend, possibly even best friend at one point and I wonder. How can people change so much and not for the better (again, my opinion), they are superficial and fake now. What happened, or happens? How could I love someone so much and now can’t stand to be around them? It just baffles me cause most of the people in my life I have called friends, even since high-school, are still that. Even if we don’t talk often, the relationships haven’t changed. Even if I haven’t talked to them for a year, when we do talk it’s like no time has passed. I don’t even know them anymore. Is it just me? How can a person become an entire new person and only held on to the bad qualities? It makes me a little sad, like I would like to save them, but I know I can’t, I know it wouldn’t be worth my time or energy. I also wonder if anyone else has noticed or it is just me? Well, that was about 10 minutes of my day thus far.

So, last night, I exercised for the 4th night in a row!!! Goooooo Me! I did the treadmill, the elliptical and added the bike. My legs were killing me at the end. Aimee met me afterwards and we took the kids to the pool for all of 20 minutes before the sky turned black and the storm came. I think I walked up and down my stairs about 6 times last night, plus I did work stairs twice yesterday. I think I will give my legs a little rest today and swim again.

Moe called last night, but I missed it, hmmmmmmmm. That guy really confuses me.

3 Comments:

  • Expect me to be slipping you some Nicoderm patches (they're really cute and sparkly) next time I see you as late b'day pres.

    Does the smoke surround your head, and you look up and start hearing harp play in background as these thinking/dream sequences start? Yeah, me neither.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 2:56 PM  

  • Quitting is all in the head.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:22 PM  

  • I know and I just can't get it out of my head!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Harmony, At 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home