Moments I want to remember...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It's all about the hair

I took my daughters' to get their hair done as their "big" Christmas present last Wed. I was really sick, so I left them their and rested, Ty called me when she was done and I went to pick her up and she looked amazing. Her face was so much brighter and the girl couldn't stop smiling and looking at herself in the mirror, making pouty faces and such. I took her home while Tricia hoped in the chair, before we left she told Ty how pretty she looked, awwwww. When we got home Ty's cousin EJ saw her first and his mouth dropped open and he said, "Omigosh", than Dee came running around the corner and saw her and said, "Wow, you looked beauitful!", Uncle Sean commented, "Imagine if you get this reaction from your cousins what's gonna happen at school tomorrow!!". She was so happy. The lady told me Tricia would be about two hours, so I went back in two hours and she was just geting her hair blow dryed, poor baby, it was 8:45 at this point and they hadn't eaten. Latoya told me she didn't realize how THICK her hair was, four times the amount of Ty's. So, I sat and waited, Trish was starving, so I told her we could come back tomorrow and have it styled(I thought she would jump at that option), but she said, "No way, I want it tongiht, I am not that hungry." So, Latoya, hopped on it and finshed her hair, when she turned her around Trish, looked like she didn't even recognize herself and she hopped out of the chair and hugged Latoya and thanked her a million times. When she walked in the boys ran to see her and they both said at the same time, "you looked so pretty!!". She just smiled. When I went to tuck her in and kiss her good night, she was still smiling. The next morning, it's crazy as always and she comes in my room (Trish) to tell me she feels different. I am in a hurry trying to get out the door so I ask her what she is talking about it and she repeats a few times, "Mom I feel different." So finally I stop and look at her and ask her what she is talking about, her female issues, she looks up at me and says, "Mom, I feel pretty, thank you so much, this was the best present EVER!!!" My baby, I almost missed that moment cause I was rushing. I hugged her and told she is beautiful and her hair looks gorgeous, she hasn't stopped smiling and she is taking care of her hair everyday, I LOVE IT.

So, we took pics Christmas Eve for the parents and here they are:



4 Comments:

  • ((sigh)) Our lil babies are all growned up, huh? Wow. They look so big. They used to be little balls of crying people who echoed me when I'd put the salsa music on and sang along or start crying when the Barney tapes reached the end. I just can't believe it when I see pics of them now.

    Elijah looks so handsome in these pictures. cutie! Everyone looks gorgeous. Aim looks like Queen bee on her seat, everyong hovering around her. heh. It's very adorable that you guys all went and had these professionally taken. It's something that they can all look back on in the years to come and remember that feeling of family. Love it.

    Ok, enough sap.

    By Blogger Claudia, At 10:05 AM  

  • Wow! How touching. AND!! Great pictures!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:55 PM  

  • the children in these photographs are lovely.

    Good luck in your struggles with the angry e-mailer, and keep relying on your friends.

    By Blogger mister muleboy, At 2:36 PM  

  • Thank you!!! I know as long as I do right everything will be fine and I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends.

    By Blogger Harmony, At 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home